Why not combine your favorite morning pick me up, with your favorite morning comfort breakfast? This style of Espresso French Toast will do just that.
|2 Large slices of either Brioche or Sourdough bread|
|4 Large eggs|
|1/2 Stick of unsalted Butter|
- In large deep bowl and or Casserole dish combine 3-4 eggs, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, about 1/2 cup of fresh brewed espresso/coffee and 1/4 cup of creamer. Mix well until combined.
- Add 2 Slices of bread to the mixture and coat fully on both sides. Let soak for about a min.
- In a large sauce pan on medium high heat add half of the butter, once melted continue to add some brown sugar lightly before placing bread in pan. Be gentle as bread will break apart easily at this moment.
- Flip the bread when bottom is dark golden brown, once flipped turn the heat up to high heat and toast other side. Once done, place onto flat dish.
- Add the other half of butter to pan. Cut up bananas into 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch into pan, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar to help coat the bananas. Add 1 cup of Cream to the mix. Once it is a thick syrup pour over onto the Espresso Crust French Toast. Top with walnuts for extra crunch.